Symptoms of Arrhythmias (Heart Rhythm Disturbances)
Most people don’t notice heart rhythm problems. The come and go, and are hard to predict. In most cases, the heart fixes its missteps and keeps beating as normal. But, in others, the missteps can last longer. This keeps the heart from working as it should. Long lasting issues can be caused by rhythm or other problems.
- Arrhythmia. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute website. Available at: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/arrhythmia. Accessed January 7, 2019.
- Atrial fibrillation. EBSCO DynaMed Plus website. Available at: http://www.dynamed.com/topics/dmp~AN~T115288/Atrial-fibrillation. Updated August 22, 2018. Accessed January 7, 2019.
- Symptoms, diagnosis and monitoring of arrhythmia. American Heart Association website. https://www.heart.org/en/health-topics/arrhythmia/symptoms-diagnosis--monitoring-of-arrhythmia. Accessed January 7, 2019.
- Ventricular arrhythmias. EBSCO DynaMed Plus website. Available at: http://www.dynamed.com/topics/dmp~AN~T909129/Ventricular-arrhythmias. Updated October 19, 2018. Accessed January 7, 2019.
- Ventricular tachycardia—approach to the patient. EBSCO DynaMed Plus website. Available at: http://www.dynamed.com/topics/dmp~AN~T912540/Ventricular-tachycardia-approach-to-the-patient. Updated October 28, 2018. Accessed January 7, 2019.
- Michael J. Fucci, DO, FACC
(C) Copyright 2022 EBSCO Information Services
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
To send comments or feedback to our Editorial Team regarding the content please email us at email@example.com.