Symptoms of Endometriosis
Some people with endometriosis do not have symptoms. Those who do have problems that range from mild to severe. Common ones are:
- Pelvic pain
- Pain in the lower back or belly
- Pain during or after sex
- Pain when urinating
- Pain when passing stool
- Pain with periods
- Irregular periods
- Endometriosis. ACOG website. Available at: https://www.acog.org/Patients/FAQs/Endometriosis.
- Endometriosis. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: https://www.dynamed.com/condition/endometriosis.
- Endometriosis. Office on Women's Health—US Health and Human Services website. Available at: https://www.womenshealth.gov/a-z-topics/endometriosis.
- Levine EM, et al: Deep Infiltrating Endometriosis: Making the Diagnosis. J Diagn Med Sonogr 2019;35(4):1-3.
- Elizabeth Margaret Prusak, MD
(C) Copyright 2022 EBSCO Information Services
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
To send comments or feedback to our Editorial Team regarding the content please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.