Screening for End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
The purpose of screening is early diagnosis and treatment. Tests are given to people without current symptoms, but who may be at high risk.
- Choosing a treatment for kidney failure. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases website. Available at: https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/kidney-disease/kidney-failure/choosing-treatment.
- Chronic kidney disease (CKD) in adults. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: https://www.dynamed.com/condition/chronic-kidney-disease-ckd-in-adults.
- Complications of chronic kidney disease. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: https://www.dynamed.com/condition/complications-of-chronic-kidney-disease.
- What is kidney failure? National Kidney Foundation website. Available at: https://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/KidneyFailure.
- Mark S. Itzkowitz, MD, JD
(C) Copyright 2023 EBSCO Information Services
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
To send comments or feedback to our Editorial Team regarding the content please email us at email@example.com.