Reducing Your Risk of Glaucoma
The risk of glaucoma may be lowered by exercising regularly. It is thought to help lower eye pressure.
- Angle-closure glaucoma. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: https://www.dynamed.com/condition/angle-closure-glaucoma.
- Gedde SJ, Lind JT, Wright MM, et al; American Academy of Ophthalmology. Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma Suspect Preferred Practice Pattern Guidelines. Ophthalmology. 2021;128(1):P150-P192.
- Glaucoma. National Eye Institute website. Available at: https://www.nei.nih.gov/learn-about-eye-health/eye-conditions-and-diseases/glaucoma.
- Primary open-angle glaucoma. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: https://www.dynamed.com/condition/primary-open-angle-glaucoma.
- What is glaucoma? American Academy of Ophthalmology website. Available at: http://www.aao.org/eye-health/diseases/what-is-glaucoma.
- What is glaucoma? Glaucoma Research Foundation website. Available at: https://glaucoma.org/learn-about-glaucoma/what-is-glaucoma.
- Daniel A. Ostrovsky, MD
(C) Copyright 2022 EBSCO Information Services
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
To send comments or feedback to our Editorial Team regarding the content please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.