Symptoms of Lipid Disorders
A person may not feel any different if they have a lipid disorder.
People with very high cholesterol or a certain lipid disorder may have:
- Yellowish bumps around tendons and joints such as elbows, hands, or feet
- Raised yellowish patches above the eyelid
- White rings around the iris in their eyes
- Dyslipidemia. Merck Manual Professional Version website. Available at: https://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/endocrine-and-metabolic-disorders/lipid-disorders/dyslipidemia.
- How to get your cholesterol tested. American Heart Association website. Available at: https://www.heart.org/en/health-topics/cholesterol/how-to-get-your-cholesterol-tested.
- Hypercholesterolemia. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: http://www.dynamed.com/condition/hypercholesterolemia.
- Hypertriglyceridemia. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: http://www.dynamed.com/condition/hypertriglyceridemia.
- Marcin Chwistek, MD
(C) Copyright 2022 EBSCO Information Services
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
To send comments or feedback to our Editorial Team regarding the content please email us at email@example.com.