Screening for Menstrual Disorders
There are no screening tests for problems with periods. The doctor will ask about periods at regular exams. It will help to find and treat problems right away.
- Abnormal uterine bleeding. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: https://www.dynamed.com/approach-to/abnormal-uterine-bleeding. Updated October 10, 2019. Accessed November 14, 2019.
- Amenorrhea. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: https://www.dynamed.com/condition/amenorrhea. Updated January 16, 2018. Accessed November 14, 2019.
- Bleeding Disorders in Women. US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/blooddisorders/women/index.html. Updated April 25, 2018. Accessed November 14, 2019.
- Klein DA, Poth MA. Amenorrhea: an approach to diagnosis and management. Am Fam Physician. 2013 Jun 1;87(11):781-788.
- Elliot M. Levine, MD, FACOG
(C) Copyright 2022 EBSCO Information Services
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
To send comments or feedback to our Editorial Team regarding the content please email us at email@example.com.