Radiation Therapy for Ovarian Cancer
- After surgery—to make sure all cancer cells are destroyed
- To ease pain or other symptoms caused by tumors
- Ovarian cancer. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: https://www.dynamed.com/condition/ovarian-cancer. Accessed March 28, 2022.
- Ovarian cancer. Merck Manual Professional Version website. Available at: http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/gynecology-and-obstetrics/gynecologic-tumors/ovarian-cancer. Accessed March 28, 2022.
- Radiation therapy for ovarian cancer. American Cancer Society website. Available at: https://www.cancer.org/cancer/ovarian-cancer/treating/radiation-therapy.html. Accessed March 28, 2022.
- Treatment option overview. National Cancer Institute website. Available at: https://www.cancer.gov/types/ovarian/patient/ovarian-epithelial-treatment-pdq#section/_156. Accessed March 28, 2022.
- Yang H, Zhang K, et al. Clinical analysis of conformal and intensity-modulated radiotherapy in patients with recurrent ovarian cancer. Sci Rep. 2020;10(1):17172.
- Nicole Meregian, PA
(C) Copyright 2023 EBSCO Information Services
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
To send comments or feedback to our Editorial Team regarding the content please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.