Reducing Your Risk of Parkinson Disease
The cause of Parkinson disease is not known. Living a healthy lifestyle may help lower the risk.
These things have been linked to a lower risk of the disease:
- Drinking alcohol in moderation
- Exercising regularly
- Having a higher intake
- Using nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Homayoun H. Parkinson Disease. Ann Intern Med. 2018; 169(5): ITC33-ITC48.
- Parkinson disease. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: https://www.dynamed.com/condition/parkinson-disease. Accessed April 5, 2022.
- Parkinson disease. Merck Manual Professional Version website. Available at: http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/neurologic-disorders/movement-and-cerebellar-disorders/parkinson-disease. Accessed April 5, 2022.
- Parkinson's disease. American Association of Neurological Surgeons website. Available at: http://www.aans.org/en/Patients/Neurosurgical-Conditions-and-Treatments/Parkinsons-Disease. Accessed April 5, 2022.
- Parkinson's disease information page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke website. Available at: https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/All-Disorders/Parkinsons-Disease-Information-Page. Accessed April 5, 2022.
- Rimas Lukas, MD
(C) Copyright 2022 EBSCO Information Services
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
To send comments or feedback to our Editorial Team regarding the content please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.