Screening for Pneumonia
The purpose of screening is early diagnosis and treatment. Screening tests are given to people who do not have symptoms, but who may be at high risk for certain health problems.
There are no current screening guidelines for pneumonia.
- Community-acquired pneumonia in adults. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: https://www.dynamed.com/condition/community-acquired-pneumonia-in-adults.
- Community-acquired pneumonia in children. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: https://www.dynamed.com/condition/community-acquired-pneumonia-in-children.
- COVID-19: How to protect yourself and others. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html.
- Pneumonia. American Lung Association website. Available at: https://www.lung.org/lung-health-diseases/lung-disease-lookup/pneumonia.
- What is pneumonia? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute website. Available at: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/pneumonia.
- David L. Horn, MD, FACP
(C) Copyright 2022 EBSCO Information Services
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
To send comments or feedback to our Editorial Team regarding the content please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.