Treatments for Rosacea
Rosacea cannot be cured. It can be managed. The goal of treatment is to reduce the symptoms. How that is done depends on the subtype of rosacea a person has and how bad the symptoms are. The doctor may advise more than one treatment and lifestyle change. Getting treatment early may help keep blood vessels from getting larger. It may also prevent the nose from getting bigger. Many over the counter treatments can make rosacea worse.
Rosacea treatment includes:
- Management options for rosacea. National Rosacea Society website. Available at: https://www.rosacea.org/patients/management-options-for-rosacea.
- Rosacea. DermNet New Zealand website. Available at: https://www.dermnetnz.org/topics/rosacea.
- Rosacea: diagnosis and treatment. American Academy of Dermatology website. Available at: https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/rosacea/treatment/diagnosis-treat.
- Rosacea. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: http://www.dynamed.com/condition/rosacea.
- Rosacea: diagnosis, treatment, and steps to take. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Disorders website. Available at: https://www.niams.nih.gov/health-topics/rosacea/diagnosis-treatment-and-steps-to-take.
- Nicole S. Meregian, PA
(C) Copyright 2022 EBSCO Information Services
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
To send comments or feedback to our Editorial Team regarding the content please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.