Diagnosis of Foot Pain
The doctor will ask about symptoms and past health. You may also be asked about the activities that you do. A physical exam will be done. It will focus on the feet. Many foot problems can be seen or felt during an exam.
Pictures may be taken to look for causes of the pain. This can be done with:
- Foot care 101. American Podiatric Medical Association website. Available at: http://www.apma.org/files/FileDownloads/myFEETFootCare101.pdf.
- Foot complications. American Diabetes Association website. Available at: https://diabetes.org/diabetes/foot-complications.
- Foot pain and problems. Johns Hopkins Medicine website. Available at: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/foot-pain-and-problems.
- Foot pain in adults—approach to the patient. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: https://www.dynamed.com/approach-to/foot-pain-in-adults-approach-to-the-patient.
- Warren A. Bodine, DO, CAQSM
(C) Copyright 2023 EBSCO Information Services
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
To send comments or feedback to our Editorial Team regarding the content please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.