Lifestyle Changes to Manage Hodgkin Lymphoma
Lifestyle changes do not directly affect cancer. But they can play an important role in physical and mental health. Some benefits are to:
- Help manage or ease side effects of treatment
- Keep the immune system strong—to help fight Hodgkin lymphoma or related illnesses
- Improve a person' s mood—so they can enjoy life, even during treatment
- Reduce the risk of other health problems
Smoking is a risk for many cancers and other health disorders. It can also increase the risk of problems from medical procedures and slow tissue healing.
Quitting smoking helps the body start to repair itself right away. Quitting will help boost the immune system. This helps fight Hodgkin lymphoma and improves recovery from treatment.
- Hodgkin lymphoma (HL). EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: https://www.dynamed.com/condition/hodgkin-lymphoma-hl.
- Coping well during cancer treatment. American Cancer Society website. Available at: https://www.cancer.org/treatment/survivorship-during-and-after-treatment/coping.html.
- Mohei Abouzied, MD, FACP
(C) Copyright 2023 EBSCO Information Services
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
To send comments or feedback to our Editorial Team regarding the content please email us at email@example.com.