Screening for Metabolic Syndrome
Screening is done to find a problem and treat it early. Tests are given to people who do not have symptoms but who may be at high risk.
During a doctor visit, a person will be weighed. The doctor can also measure the person's waist.
- Diabetes mellitus type 2 screening. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: https://www.dynamed.com/evaluation/diabetes-mellitus-type-2-screening.
- Hypertension. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: https://www.dynamed.com/condition/hypertension.
- Metabolic syndrome. Merck Manual Professional Version website. Available at: https://www.dynamed.com/condition/metabolic-syndrome-in-adults.
- Metabolic syndrome. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute website. Available at: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/metabolic-syndrome.
- Metabolic syndrome in adults. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: https://www.dynamed.com/condition/metabolic-syndrome-in-adults.
- Obesity in adults. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: https://www.dynamed.com/condition/obesity-in-adults.
- Prevention and treatment of metabolic syndrome. American Heart Association website. Available at: https://www.heart.org/en/health-topics/metabolic-syndrome/prevention-and-treatment-of-metabolic-syndrome.
- Marcin Chwistek, MD
(C) Copyright 2023 EBSCO Information Services
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
To send comments or feedback to our Editorial Team regarding the content please email us at email@example.com.