Lifestyle Changes to Manage Stomach Cancer
Lifestyle changes may not directly affect the cancer itself but it can help to:
- Strengthen your body to better manage side effects of treatment.
- Make your immune system stronger to help in the fight against cancer.
- Improve your emotional outlook and overall wellness.
- Lower the risk of other medical problems that could affect your health.
There are also steps you can take to help direct your care and make sure your team and family know your wishes. This information can provide comfort and decrease stress in difficult times.
- Gastric carcinoma. EBSCO DynaMed Plus website. Available at: http://www.dynamed.com/topics/dmp~AN~T116155/Gastric-carcinoma .
- Lifestyle changes after stomach cancer. American Cancer Society website. Available at: https://www.cancer.org/cancer/stomach-cancer/after-treatment/lifestyle-changes.html.
- Nearing the end of life. American Cancer Society website. Available at: https://www.cancer.org/treatment/end-of-life-care.html.
- Stay healthy. American Cancer Society website. Available at: https://www.cancer.org/healthy.html.
- EBSCO Medical Review Board
(C) Copyright 2023 EBSCO Information Services
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
To send comments or feedback to our Editorial Team regarding the content please email us at email@example.com.